Sunday, October 8, 2017

Newly Finished........

I have not posted in quite some time. I have not really had much gaming/painting time the last few months so some stuff has just been sitting. I thought I would post up some 28mm stuff I finished flocking. I really enjoy what can be done on the bases for these guys.  First up are some Warlord Winter Germans. I really liked the snow effect, especially where I did a tuft or two. Originally I was not going to white wash the helmets but gave in to reality. I am not a fan of the pristine white uniform. Having been an infantryman in Alaska yeah even though there is snow you still get dirty, especially over and extended period of time.



Next up are some Highlanders from the Muskets and Tomahawks range. They are really nice figures. They painted really easy with the exception of the tartan. Wow, that was an ordeal. I first attempted to follow the technique Christy Beall uses in her youtube video (her videos are pretty awesome), and I failed miserably. So I came up with something that saved me from repainting, and still gave a kinda tartan look.



Next up are some Saxons. Not sure of the manufacturer. They were supposed to be Foundry but I could not find the poses on their website, there are some Black Tree Design mixed in there for sure. Unfortunately, buying them second hand they did not have any weapons so I used spears for the most part.



Here is a small group of Wargames Factory plastic Saxons. I think the poses come out odd at times but they are otherwise ok. They are very easy to build. I highly recommend a brush on polystyrene cement such as the Plasticstruct Bondene. There were two more, but, when I took them out side to blow off the loose flock before dullcoating I blew too hard and two of them went flying. Upon meeting the concrete they both exploded..... lesson learned.


Last but not least is a small group of Samurai. These are from the Old Glory range. I did kind get bogged down on them a bit when painting, but once I got my head wrapped around them they went very well. Simple to pant and I like the way they turned out.



That is all for now. Thanks for taking a look at my efforts. I will probably be posting soon about the Miniwars convention that occurred here in Southern California last weekend in the next day or so.





2 comments:

  1. Nice painting. Quite an eclectic collection. I think the tartans came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dan, yeah I like too many periods and like to mix them up when painting....someday I should narrow it down...

    ReplyDelete