Sunday, October 16, 2016

HMGS-PSW Miniwars 2016

This years Miniwars was held at the Couprie Martial Arts Center in Van Nuys on October 8th & 9th. I only attended on the 8th. It was a nice size facility with room for all we had going on. The War House was there with all kinds of goodies (good thing they were there I had forgotten my dice and needed to buy some). Here is a quick picture gallery of the happenings.


This is the setup for the Frostgrave game that Don Hawthorne and his friend Jim ran. I actually got to play in this one. It was set up to have two pairs of war bands fighting over a quadrant with one sorcerer from each quadrant reaching the top to battle it out with each other and the Guardian for the relic hidden in the monolith at the top. I almost killed Don's apprentice with my zombie but he got away....





1806 Battle of Halle using La Battaille Rules.



Brian Moseley of Safehaven Games brought his Legends of the Colosseum and Winds of Fortune games to run some demos.


Some X-Wing action.


A 1942 Russian front Flames of War scenario in 15mm.





A 1943 Flames of War scenario covering the Salerno landings in 20mm.

I also ran a 15mm Fire & Fury game of Seven Pines which I described in a previous post. This time next year we will have a larger facility, and with more time to plan an even grander schedule of games. We will be hosting it at the Titan Center on the Cal State Fullerton campus. I am definitely looking forward to it. Just need to plan my games. There are pictures of Sundays games on the HMGS-PSW Facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment