Saturday, October 1, 2016

Terrain Boards for Seven Pines

So we finally nailed down our HMGS-PSW convention for this fall and I decided that I wanted to do a Fire & Fury Brigade game of Seven Pines. Since I have all the troops already I thought it would be nice to put together some nice terrain. I had decided on the foam insulation boards. Unfortunately, here in Socal they do not sell the pink or blue foam panels, or let me say I could not find any in my local area. So I decided to settle for 1-1/2" thick white foam boards from Home Depot. They come in a 2' x 4' size so I needed to pick up 6 of them to make the three 2' x 6' boards I was planning on. That was easy enough, I busted out the circular saw and cut three 2' x 2' pieces from the extra boards and then glued them to the other three 4' boards. After which I caulked them to leave less of a seam on the top. Here is a shot of them assembled.

Then I took the dremel tool and ground out the streams that cut through the battle field.





 Here is a shot of the map from the book.


Then it was on to painting the features.




I decided on an N scale track. I thought the HO would end up too big after it was done up with the ballast. I am happy with the N scale track. At this point I am ready to start flocking. I'll post again later in the week to show that progress and sometime the week after showing the finished product and the game itself.




No comments:

Post a Comment