Saturday, September 10, 2022

Painting Up A Storm

 Despite my lack of posting I have been cranking out a substantial amount of figures. While I enjoy painting for the most part, basing has always been a choke point. I just don't enjoy doing it, as much as I like the finished product.  So I had been putting it off, quite frankly, till I was running out of room to keep the painted minis. I have several flat sheets of wood maybe 9x11 or so that I lay them on once the painting is finished. I had filled those up, plus a number of mdf building packages I have drafted into emergency use. Something had to give, so it was my procrastination. If I can keep things going on the basing, I should have some regular posts going for some time.


So, lets get started for this posts offerings. First out the gate we have some Shield Maidens and Villagers from Bad Squiddo Games






Picture at the top is two versions of Aethelflaed Lady of Mercia, second pic are some older shield maidens that are no longer available, third pic are the shieldmaiden fanatics, and the last two are the armed villagers. Really nice figs overall, I need to pick up some shooters and the berserkers as well.

Here are a few more Dark Age figs 




The top pic are Shamen from Footsore Miniatures They are really cool, I loved painting these. The spearmen, I think, are all old Gripping Beast. I bough them second hand and they are a mix of shields and stuff. 

Next up are some SYW Saxons infantry








All these figures are Old Glory 15's most flags are from Maverick Models the flags in the fifth pic are from Vaubanner I love the Vaubanner flags, but, I have to give the edge to Maverick. Reason being, I can buy exactly the flags I need instead of full sheets, and the quality is as good as anyone out there.








Of course you need cavalry. Again the figures are Old Glory 15s and all cavalry flags are Maverick Models.  That pretty much wraps up my Saxon army. I may need a couple officer stands but it's complete other then that.

The last project is one I am really enjoying. It is the War of Spanish Succession using the old Editions Brokaw range. I really dig the figures and they are very easy to paint up. The only downside I have had, is gathering enough figures for the complete project. I am using the Age of Eagles variant Age of Honour, so it is a brigade level game, making the figure count a bit smaller. I does still lead to having to add in an odd figure here and there none the less.

First up my Danish contingent.










And the Bavarians








Flags are almost all Maverick Models except the Bavarian infantry, which are from the Dayton painting Consortium. Well, that is all for this time. I will see you all again soon.







2 comments:

  1. Excellent work my friend. You've been very busy it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have, I have the time at this point in life so I am getting after it. I have a ton of stuff that just needs basing and flocking, so there is more.

      Delete