Monday, March 4, 2019

Fresh Off the Painting Table!

While it has been a busy start to the year, I have managed to get some painting in.


These guys are a Saxon Warlord and Bannerman from Footsore Miniatures, shields and banner from Little Big Men Studios. I really love the Footsore figures. They are well sculpted, and just a joy to paint. These two will grace my Saxons for Saga and possibly Blood Eagle or Lion Rampant.

Next up is another Footsore creation, the Viking Warlord Eric Oaksplitter.



I got him as a promotional figure some time ago. One of the nice things about Footsore is that they have a promotional figure each month, when you purchase a certain amount. I was really excited to get on this one. It was a fun figure to paint and turned out just great. The shield is once again one of the beautiful designs from Little Big Men Studios.

Once again we visit some Footsore models. This time some Goth foot command.

Banners and shields as noted above.
Again from Footsore, the next grouping is some warrior/regular priests. I had some fun with these guys, even though their clothing is rather plain.


The two on the sides in the bottom picture, I really wanted them to look as though they were walking down a path. I think I managed to pull off that look with my choice in flocking.

 I also completed this small group of Vikings from Black Tree Design. It is their Viking Characters pack.


Black Tree has some nice figures, and always has killer sales! Sadly, I do not recall who I bought this next grouping from.


It makes a neat little diorama. I suspect it will be used as either an objective or just add some character to the tabletop.

Next up are some samurai from Old Glory. This is an older range of figures but they paint up very nicely.



 I also painted up some random ECW figures I had lying around. Probably use them for Pikemans Lament or something like that once I paint up my Warlord Battalia box.


Rounding out the figures are some 20mm WW2 US Marines by FAA Miniatures. These were a blast to paint, and I am really looking forward to getting them on the table.


I have to say I really liked the guy at the upper left in the tattered uniform. That is definitely my favorite of the bunch. This is just a small group of the 50 I completed, but I am sure you get the idea.

Last, but not least, is this wonderful Mexican church by Musket Miniatures.


One of my favorite things to do is paint buildings. This one was really fun, and I am quite happy with the way it turned out. It is 15mm, and will do great service in my Mexican American War project. Sadly, this great range of buildings in no longer available. I was able to get a few others in the range, and I am sure they will pop up here as soon as I get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment