Saturday, December 16, 2023

Painting Update - December 2023

 It has been a few months since I last posted a painting update. Believe me, I have been painting quite a bit. Basing has been the hold up. Lots going on over the last few months and getting things based has been an issue. But, here is a nice grouping of stuff.

First off we have some WAS/SYW figures







The top 5 pics are all Hanoverians, represents a good portion of what I need. I still need to get more but that will be later next year. Last pic is Brunswick, with some odds and ends Brits above them. This was pretty much the last of what I had on hand. I'll reevaluate the project and figure out what I need to finish in '24.

These next items I only weathered, I did not paint them.



I got these 1/72 scale tanks on eBay from a seller in Hong Kong. They are pre-painted, but require some limited assembly. A little weathering, and they are ready for action. I did scrounge up some 20mm Japanese tank crew for the SP Gun, again from eBay. They were mostly in poses you would see outside the vehicle but I made them work.

\Next up some ancient Greeks







Ok they are mostly Greeks. There was a handful of Roman Velites as well.  Those are Victrix, as are the peltasts. The cavalry are from Warlord games.  I really like painting the Victrix stuff. Their sculpting makes it easy to get a great result. The shields are all Little Big Men Studios. The only real downside to the plastic figs is cleaning up mold lines. The Warlord cavalry are pretty nice overall, easy to paint, etc. Only downer is the fragility of the pose with the horses front legs in the air. They are very fragile from side to side. Probably will need to do some sort of support soon. These guys have been getting some use in our local SAGA league. 

I was finally able to get to my Spanish Civil War project this fall as well.

Assault Guards

Moroccans

Moroccans

Guardia Civil

Guardia Civil

Nationalists

Nationalists

This is about half  to a third of what I have painted of these particular groups. Not sure how many pictures of the same pose are needed so I just did some samplings. These are all 20mm figures from HPC. I had been collecting everything I could get my hands on, and recently landed a nice group of painted ones, and then another larger group of painted figs. I need to sort through those and figure out what I am keeping. I do need Italians, and some Assault Guards so I can do the other uniform variants for them. I got so many, I ended up selling my Minairons figures and going just with these guys. I still have my Minairons vehicles though, and I'll probably pick up a few artillery pieces as well.

That is it for this time. I have sveral more planned posts so I am thinking I can keep up a bi-weekly rate of posting. Hope you all found this interesting!

Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment