Saturday, September 22, 2018

What's Been on the Painting Table?

Just a short post to share my latest finished work. Things have been progressing nicely. I had finished about 150 15mm Confederates that were a repainting project. Initially I had bought about 450 figures, that looked good in the pictures and when I got them and inspected them they looked ok. So then I bought another 150 painted Rebs from the same person, they came in a baggy piled together. Needless to say I just decided to repaint them. Then after recently reviewing the 450 figures, I decided to redo them as well, fitting in 24 or so between my regular painting. I am following, in general, the paint scheme they have and just giving them a new coat of a similar color over the existing uniforms, then repainting the rest in my usual colors. While they look repainted after the block painting, the sepia wash gives them some definition and detail, and makes them look pretty decent. They are a mix of manufacturers I have noticed Old Glory, Minifig, Stone Mountain, and a couple others.  In addition I have been working on some MAW Mexicans, mostly Musket Miniatures, with a few others mixed in. Here are a few shots of them based and flocked.





They are all based for Fire & Fury, and they have been given new flags for the most part. Here is a shot of what I am working on next, Some HPC SCW Carlists, Essex Pavises, and some Musket Miniatures Mexican Cuirassier.

I was a little disappointed to discover the size disparity between HPC and Minairons. I may just keep the HPC stuff I have anyway. We will have to see how I feel. In the mean time I am going to paint them up. I did manage to finish gluing about 340 SYW Austrians to their bases today. I'll show those off next time I post.  Well that is all for this round, I'll be posting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment