Monday, July 4, 2016

What Have I Been Up to?

Last year I had decided to start a blog. It was one of my goals for the year. Unfortunately other, more important, things came up and I have not done anything with my blog since then. Neither have I gamed in that time. Things are looking up and I have been painting quite a bit in the last year and a half. Here is the latest stuff I have finished.

These are some 28mm Gripping Beast Scots for Saga. They are fun figures to paint, and some of the first 28's that I have painted. I did a new technique, for me, on these. I just did a simple block painting and ran a black Secret Weapon wash over them. The shields and banner are from Little Big Men Studios. I really had a good time with these. Even flocking, which I abhor, was fun. Here are a few more shots of them.

I have since gone to a sepia wash. It isn't as dramatic as the black and seems more realistic. I have also started a NK Egyptian army for Impetus. I really like the basing, and the fact that I can put however many figures I like on the stands. I always hated the crowded look you got with the WRG basing. These guys are from the old TTG line. I picked up an army box from someone on TMP. I have always loved this manufacturers figures. The TTG lines are split up between Battleline in New Zealand and 15mm.co.uk in Britain. Here is a couple shots of the finished product. I used the sepia wash on these guys.

Lastly for this post I have a few shots of my SYW Prussian cavalry. Last year I had determined that there was no way I could get everything done that I wanted, so I decided to send some stuff out for painting. These are 15mm Old Glory figures painted by Hoard Painting. I have them based for Age of Eagles. Steven does some nice work for a reasonable price. Best of all I don't have to provide samples or pictures. Needless to say, I am quite pleased. 

Thanks for taking a look. I should become a more regular poster from here on.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment